Ten ways to increase your power as a woman.
Today I want to celebrate our power as a collective of human beings - especially those of us who are women. We have so much strength, insight, wisdom, and love. Let's keep our vibrations high and tap into our inherent wisdom and potential with these truth-bombs. Feel free to share these with the incredible women in your life!
As an aside, I have room in my schedule to speak with 5 people next week. For those of you who are ready to dial into your inherent wisdom, intuit exactly what your body needs to eat, feel better and have more energy than you ever have in your life--email, email@example.com, if you're interested and we'll take it from there. Excited to help you understand that what you envision for yourself is entirely within your reach in 2017!
Ten Ways to Increase Your Power As A Woman
1. Stop apologizing for yourself. You don't need to make excuses for or justify your existence on planet earth. Nor do you need to apologize for changes in your weight, the size and shape of your body, saying what you feel, stating your beliefs, or standing in your truth. Nice girls finish last; good girls finish first.
2. If something doesn't feel right to you in your gut, it isn't. Learn to give a voice to your gut feelings and get them out to the world. You're a grown woman so pull up your big-girl pants and speak your mind. If you don't, your body will start to manifest all sorts of physical symptoms and get sick (trust me on this one).
3. You are not responsible for anyone else's feelings but your own. That doesn't mean you shouldn't exercise tact or think before you open your mouth. But at the end of the day, it is not your job to manage anyone else's reaction to how you show up in the world.
4. What others think of you is none of your business. Period. So you can liberate yourself from knowing or caring what anyone else thinks of you and move on.
5. Stop hustling for your worthiness. This means you commit to loving your body unconditionally at all sizes. Whether or not the pounds or up or down, you commit to honoring your appetite, your cravings, putting nutritious foods into your body and loving yourself - all in. Your true worth and contribution to humanity can never be derived from the numbers on the scale.
6. Support other women and build our collective sisterhood. Think about all the women you have in your life who lead by example and inspire you--family, friends, entrepreneurs, leaders--think about the characteristics they have that you would most like to embody in your own life. And make sure you pass the gifts you’ve learned along to younger generations so these women can see how a supportive, loving, nurturing sisterhood is built.
7. If your inside voice is not a mirror of your outer expression of that voice and the way you live your life is out of alignment with what your heart truly feels, you will sacrifice power, personal strength, and happiness. Spend some time chipping away each day at closing that gap. Your joy in life depends on it.
8. Honor your time and your worth. Someone is always going to have more knowledge, more experience, and more expertise than you. But that doesn’t mean you can’t help other people and offer value. So charge what you feel your services are worth. You can’t put a price on changing someone’s life.
9. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. If you want to live and bold and impactful life, you have to develop a thicker skin and realize not everyone is going to like you. Spend time thinking about what you truly believe in and build your tribe of supporters - you’re going to need them in times of fighting for what you believe in.
10. Understand the difference between vulnerability and weakness. Being vulnerable takes courage and true grit. Putting ourselves out there is the bravest act you can do as a human being. The risk is far greater than staying silent and safe, but the payoff is worth it.
Yooo hooo! Do you struggle with Momnesia? Do you need a coffee IV at 4pm every day? Are you constantly fighting a cold?
I've paired up with Beautycounter - an all-natural line of skincare free of the nasty chemical stuff - and am co-hosting an event on Thursday, February 9th from 10am-12pm. I'm going to teach you how to wake up with stellar energy, improve mental clarity and boost immune function. You’ll also learn how to make your way through all the health claims out there and how to detox your beauty routine with Beautycounter's full collection of safer Skin, Hair & Body care for the entire family.
Hosted by Kristen Szymanowicz and Penelope Schwartz of Beautycounter. As space is limited, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Location will be emailed to you with your confirmation - excited to see you there!