- Equipment Needs and Ingredients:
- Nut milk bag
- High-speed blender (VitaMix preferable)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Large glass or metal bowl
- 1 quart (or larger) glass storage container for coconut milk
- Heat 4 cups of water until hot, but not bubbling; pour into blender.
- Add 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- Blend on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until it gets very creamy.
- Line bowl with mesh nut milk bag and pour in mixture.
- Let cool for a 30 minutes.
- Pick up bag and gently squeeze the bag until all the liquid is released; discard the cooked coconut.
- Pour into glass storage container.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powder, and/or strawberries if you’d like to add flavor.
- Shake well before serving.
NOTE: Keeps up to five days in refrigerator.